25/08/2011

Get Back on the Horse

Another year in Speedos, Crocs and Vaseline
I thought I’d best put another post on here due to the quite depressing nature of the last one. 

First of all I’d like to say thank you for all the kind messages I have received, it’s been really nice and surprising. I am not feeling too bad at all anymore, and am currently in the process of booking my boat for 2012. After swimming 12,600m in 4 hours in the pool on Wednesday, I still have the bug to get across to France.

The water temperature is not going to be a problem next year, and hopefully I’ll get a bit more self-belief between now and then. This will be helped by a massive year of training. The goal is to get as close to 4km an hour as possible, this is a big ask. But 3km an hour was a big ask not too long ago and now I average well above that, apart from when it mattered.

All this extra drama will just make it a far more absorbing book anyway, nothing interesting about somebody being excellent at swimming and getting across in 8 hours. Far more exciting to see somebody splutter and vomit their way to France.

Thanks a lot again for all the support, this time next year I’ll be a Channel swimmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment