20/07/2011

FAME!

I have finally achieved worldwide fame. It was surely a matter of time, but it has finally happened. I have appeared in H2Open water magazine. This is an excellent magazine if you’re into your open water swimming and, at present, is the only such publication in the world!

I wouldn’t recommend it if you have no interest in swimming though.

It's an excellent little piece in the charity section towards the back of the mag (page 66). There's also a nice little link to my sponsorship page, which is handy if you fancy sponsoring me?? 

At this point I would like to say a massive thanks to all of the people who have sponsored me so far, and a big thank you to Clare who baked a load of cup cakes to raise some funds at her work place. I'm very nearly at £3,000 now which is excellent, but I'd love to get more. 

There's just 30 days now until my window opens, I'm hoping the weather will sort itself out between now and then. Today was the first day swimmers have had the opportunity to make the crossing for a fair while, due to horrendous rain and wind. 

Good luck to the 'Just Swim It' relay team who will set off at 0230 tomorrow morning!...




The 'Just Swim It' team made it across! In 16 hours 34 minutes of hard work. It wasn't an easy day today with a few soloists getting pulled out. It's no joke this Channel swimming malarkey.

Well done Ange, Keith, Cassie, Barnaby, Adam and Camilla - Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment